Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 October 2010

Induction Week

Arriving to the university on the first day of induction week, I cannot help but say I was nervous. I have not been in education for a few years and was extremely anxious to get started. However this was short lived. I originally enrolled onto the Business and Retail course as I have for a number of years been interested into Fashion Buying, however due to the lack of numbers the university could not continue the course. Luckily I was given the option to choose a similar course, and with more research into my options I decided to have a brief conversation with my potential tutor at the time Ruth, who is head of the Marketing Department. To be honest I felt let down by the university for telling me on the day I was supposed to start my course. However Ruth gave me a detailed insight into the course and gave me hope again that I was going to do a degree I was interested in and would enjoy. The university hosted a range of workshops and lectures to help us be prepared for the year ahead. The workshops gave me the opportunity to feel more confident with the facilities that are available and gave me an easy transition into university life. The Computer Workshop was helpful due to it giving me the knowledge on how the computer systems work and how to get their best use for my specific course. You will have to come back to see if week one on my new course runs more smoothly than my induction week!

No comments:

Post a Comment